I should rename Monday, to Anxiety Monday, or maybe something a bit catchier, but, anyway. Maybe it’s the because of the weekend, or the pressure of a new week starting, but I seem to find Mondays have me feeling all *something that I can explain with words, only gestures, great writing skills you’ve got there Kate*.
So, in the interest of keeping #anxietymonday going – I thought I’d do a list of things I’m good at, and, things I’m not so good at.
I’m not good at
- Waking up in a good mood.
- Curling my hair.
- Biting my tongue.
- Being sneaky.
- Hiding my emotions.
- Remembering to reapply lipstick.
- Going to bed early.
- Making any outfit look put together.
- Saving money.
- Making omelettes.
- Remembering where I put stuff.
- Buying stamps.
- Reversing out of spaces, always reverse in.
- Self appreciation.
- Being patient.
- Technical shit.
- Changing tyres (my nails).
- Opening ring pulls (again, my nails).
- Watching someone, anyone, being treated unfairly, I hate injustice.
But I am good at
- Loving people who love me.
- Being honest.
- Trusting my gut.
- Making people laugh.
- Working people out. My intuition is usually spot on.
- Candy Crush Soda.
- Making a mean chicken curry.
- Bringing up two people who know the difference between right and wrong, at all times, not just when someone is watching.
- Writing words.
- Being there for people when they need me.
- Grammar and punctuation.
- Remembering song lyrics.
- Knowing I’m not perfect nor trying to act it.
- Adulting, even when I don’t want to.
- Using the right Instagram hashtags at the right time.
- Making sandwiches.
So, you know. Quite balanced all in all. I think there is a lot to be said about accepting your flaws and learning to like yourself anyway. Nobody is perfect, and those who claim to be, or like to shout about how wonderful they are, are usually hiding something. You shouldn’t have to claim to be something, it should just show, don’t you think? I don’t need to claim I’m a redhead, you can see it just by looking at me.
I might not be perfect, I might have a lot of things I need to work on, but sometimes, we all need to realise there while there are plenty of things wrong with us, there are actually a lot of things right as well.